Join now - be part of our community!

A3000 / ILCE-3000K - remote shutter release

A3000 / ILCE-3000K - remote shutter release

Hi All, 

I recently purchased the alpha 3000/ ILCE-3000K following a great sales pitch from the Sony representative in John Lewis (I was originally going for the Canon 1100D). I mainly use it for low-light pictures - light painting, star trails etc. I was led to believe I could purchase a remote shutter release cable, but there doesn't appear to be any listed by Sony. 

After a little research I believe the A58 has the same connections. 

I'm shocked at how expensive a lot of the Sony accessories are an I'm seriously considering returning the Sony camera in favour of a Canon 1100D or a Nikon 3200. 

I've read that it's possible to connect some cameras to a laptop and have the laptop do the same job as a remote release cable but have no idea where to start. There's not a lot of info out there on this camera just yet. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulhic
Explorer

There is a new shutter release on amazon for the a58 I just got one and it works great.

hi would you mind telling me the model of the remote you have purchased for your a3000 so i can have a look at getting one .

regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulhic
Explorer

My camera is an a58 but the cable should work the same It is a pixel rc-201 for sony. it is available on uk highland photography on Amazon.co.uk