Join now - be part of our community!

Camera suddenly won't turn on

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mikehicks
Visitor

Camera suddenly won't turn on

I have an a350 camera.  I wiped the memory card and took the battery out to charge it. When I put it back in the camera would not switch on. My daughter says that the on/off switch was at the on position when I put the battery back in. The battery charge light comes on on the charger but turns out after a few seconds. Have I managed to damage the battery in some way? I have had the camera for a couple of years. Any help appreciated - I don't want to waste money on a £75 battery if it's not that.  Thanks.

Message was edited by: mikehicks

Message was edited by: mikehicks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikehicks
Visitor

Thanks, I hadn't used the camera for a while and so hadn't noticed a fall in battery time.  I will try your advice and see if someone at a Sony Centre can let me try a new battery - hope they are sympathetic to taking one out of the plastic wrap! (or maybe if they have an AC adapter to try that).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mikehicks,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Had you noticed a decreased battery usage time.?

A simply way to test if it's abattery problem is to pop into your local Sony or camera retailer and ask if you can try another battery in your A350..:smileywink:

mikehicks
Visitor

Thanks, I hadn't used the camera for a while and so hadn't noticed a fall in battery time.  I will try your advice and see if someone at a Sony Centre can let me try a new battery - hope they are sympathetic to taking one out of the plastic wrap! (or maybe if they have an AC adapter to try that).

My camera also won't turn on. I've got a DSC-P73 Cybershot. I've already taken the battery out, changed it(Haven't charged it, it's not rechargeable), but it still dosen't work. The camera is about 10 years old and I haven't used it in around 2-3 years and I can't put the memory card into my computer because it's to long.

Can anyone please help???  :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: :cry: :slight_frown: