Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 10 II home screen flashing black every other second making me unable to use the phone

Sony Xperia 10 II home screen flashing black every other second making me unable to use the phone

So I was opening spotify on my phone when it threw me back to the home screen and showed a box that said "Xperia home keeps stopping". My options are to close the Xperia home app or go to app info. Neither of them help. I cannot use my phone, because whenever I am in the home screen view or on my opened tabs it keeps going black every other second and taking me back to the home screen. If i try to open the app page, it goes black and takes me back to the front page. The only way I can use my phone is by Google assistant. I tried to restart the phone twice and it didn't help. I wonder if someone has had the same experience of if someone knows how to get rid of this because I really do not want to get a new phone because of an issue like this.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Hardware: Water or grease in the headphone, sim or charging port. The waterproof of these connectors in the Xperia 10 II were the weakest in a water-resistant certificated phone. 

Software: Developer options were activated for some sort of system change. Software repair by Companion is a must-do in this case.

Good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @pappapikkelssi 

Can you try to clear cache and data for the Xperia home app from settings-apps-see all apps-Xperia home app-storage- clear cache-clear data, then one step back and press on force stop.

Restart the device after that and check if the same thing will happen or not?

You can also try to test your device in safe mode and check if you will experience the same thing or not.

Let us know how it will go