Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 10 IV kills music apps while I'm still listening to them

angus_gh
New

Xperia 10 IV kills music apps while I'm still listening to them

photo_2023-07-27_16-18-31.jpg

Practically every day with this phone, I'll be listening to music then it suddenly stops, then I unlock my phone/reopen the app, and it's clear that the app has been killed because it has to start up from scratch. This happens to me whether I'm using Spotify, Poweramp (an MP3 player app), or Pocket Casts (a podcast app).

I believe the problem is Android is killing the app to save power, because after this happens, when I reopen Poweramp, it explains that it was killed by the OS for power savings (see attached screenshot). I have marked all three of these apps 'Unrestricted' battery usage, but it continues to happen.

The problem happens:

- Only if the app is in the background

- Whether the screen is on or off, doesn't matter

- Whether I'm using wired or wireless earphones

photo_2023-07-27_16-20-07.jpgphoto_2023-07-27_16-20-04.jpgphoto_2023-07-27_16-20-01.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @angus_gh, try clearing the phone's cached data: Settings - Storage - Internal storage - Cached data. Then do a forced reboot and see if the problem remains or not.

profile.country.GB.title
fsbarbero
Explorer

Curious. Exactly the same thing happens to me with the same app (PowerAMP). I do not know if it is a problem of the app itself or some feature of the phone that closes the app. Fortunately it doesn't happen often. The times it has happened to me has been listening to music on the street when I was not connected to the WiFi at home.