Join now - be part of our community!

NEX Alpha owners: What improvements would you make to your camera?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
p4ult212
Contributor

NEX Alpha owners: What improvements would you make to your camera?

We constantly strive to improve our products so we’d really appreciate your feedback on what changes you would make to your Sony NEX camera to make it even better.  Whether it’s to do with the design, usability or specific features just let us know what camera you use and what changes you’d make

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.DK.title
Georg1968
New

For the A57 I wish:

________

- Small resolution jpg.
Like 640x480 to send direct on social media.
And TrueHD size (1920x1080) when I know I will not need/have time to edit those jpg when I come home. I have no bigger screen than TrueHD to show my picture on.
Just let the camera users have their choice.

________

- Function to save and reload 3-5 diffrent Custom Settings.
We are a family og 5 thats using the camera.

/Georg

Message was edited by: Georg1968

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

I'm greatly enjoying my Nex 5n and the recent firmware update that added decent bracketing was most welcomed. 

I'd still like to see better auto ISO implementation - it is way to quick to bump the iso after say 1/60 computed in A mode.  It would be great if we had more control over the minimum shutter speed calculated in A mode.   The ISO performance is so good these days that I'd much rather have 1/400 at iso 1600 than 1/100 at ISO 400.  Plead give us the option!

Nikon implements this very well. Please Sony, go and take a look at a Nikon dslr to see how to do it.

At the very least, allow autoISO in M mode with exposure compensation an control over the Min/Max auto ISO range (just like on the a99)

profile.country.GB.title
inodrog
New

As I mostly use the camera on  Aperture priority. I keep managing to knock / adjust the EV setting on the other control dial R, as there is also an EV adjustment on the control wheel bottom click is it possible to switch off EV or lock in on the control dial R.