Join now - be part of our community!

65AG8 looses time and Ethernet after power cut

profile.country.GB.title
Markus625
Explorer

65AG8 looses time and Ethernet after power cut

I bought the Sony 65AG8 in June 20 and I have noticed a Bug where after a powercut and the Tv at the time was in standby that when the power was resumed and the TV was switched back on that the youview guide was not getting its data.

Also was getting no ethernet connected sign even thru its wired and connected to a switch at the back and also that time time and date had gone back to June 2020.

The only way i could resolve this was manually adjusting the time and date and also connecting via wifi as still no sign of the ethernet controller coming back on.

Is this a cmos issue as to why the date and time would revert back to the first time it was switched on.

Firmware is 8.0.0 and kernal version is 3.10.79.

Ive not attempted to recreate the problem but i found deactivating my gmail account and resetting the tv to factory and going the setup again from start solved things.

Any help would be appreactive.

Marcus

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Markus625, I'm not sure why does it behave like this only after a power cut, try updating the TV using the following link:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a8g_ag8-series/kd-65ag8/downloads/000170...

profile.country.GB.title
Markus625
Explorer

I have had the warranty guys come out and they need to replace the mainboard/motherboard as the ethernet port has gone faulty.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Markus625, great! let us know what happened.