Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview TV Guide double channels

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Freeview TV Guide double channels

so for months everything has been fine, youview is a distant memory along with 99% of the issues.  Until yesterday

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QTUzyXiktsDvig5i7

two sets of each channel, tried the usual soft / hard reset, ideally dont want to reset everything

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20
mrswanny
New

Just had the same issue, freeview guide showed duplicate channels and couldn't scroll through the guide.

Retune digital channels fixed the issue.

Also agree that You View has to be turned off or the TV is unusable - can't wait until it breaks and I can buy something other than a Sony - NEVER AGAIN!

profile.country.GB.title
jbcrammond
New

Yes that worked for me too but a few days later ....  the duplicated channel numbers(blank) were back...  you can still scroll up and over and come up from the bottom but you can't scroll down ... no doubt a retune will reset it again but then you have to re-order your channels as you prefer them .. pain !!! 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi jbcrammond, try returning without the aerial then with it once and let me know the outcome. ^^

profile.country.GB.title
jbcrammond
New

Hi HannaahEd01

Ok tried that and been waiting to see if it lasted any longer than a standard re-tune which fixed it for a while the last time.

Yes it worked but unfortunately it has just done it again on switch on  ... same duplication of channels by number - one with details other corresponding entry blank 

Also as someone else previously mentioned unable to scroll down to select channels , however you can scroll up over the top and scroll up from below to select any channels above 

annoying more than anything 

Thanks for the input 

JC