Join now - be part of our community!

dcr-trv265e pass-through

svaage70
New

dcr-trv265e pass-through

I have this camera, and would like to use it to transfere movie from my vcr to my pc, and then burn it on dvd, is that possible.

Thanks

svaage70

svaage66@gmail.com

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @svaage70,

if your PC don't have an I.LINK port or an ExpressCard with I.LINK port, try by USB (option USB STREAM, pag. 57: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3087919141.pdf) But install PlayMemories Home before.

How to transfer DV or Digital8 videos to your PC

Option 1: Using PlayMemories Home

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
LooseChippings
New

DCR-TRV265e unable to capture. There is a work around that I have discovered when both USB and Firewire methods do not work. 

Using software ArcSoft Showbiz and the A/V output on the camcorder it is possible to capture your video in good definition. 

1. Using the ArcShowbiz software and dongle with a 3.5mm 4 Pole Jack Plug to 3x Phono (RCA) Plugs Lead connect the camcorder to you PC, I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell desktop.

2. Open ArcShowbiz and switch your camcorder to PLAY/EDIT. 

3. Go to the Capture screen on ArcShowbiz. Select Audio Device to Line (5-USB Audio device) otherwise you don't get any audio !

4. Press play on your camcorder and click the Capture button on ArcSoft screen. Note on my PC there is no picture on my desktop 😡 (its a 'feature' according to ArcSoft with some PC's) so use the screen on you camcorder to check whats being recorded.

5. When you have captured the required video follow ArcSoft's instructions, to produce the video as a mpeg2 file.

6. Suggestion adjust the ArcSoft produce options to max to get the best quality output, though this does result in large files. 30 mins = 5GB
PS. I don't work for Dell or ArcSoft or Sony.