Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX155E Driver Windows 10

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
Slasky
Explorer

HDR-CX155E Driver Windows 10

Hello good folks

I bought a HDR-CX155E after my wedding in 2010, and now I plan to use it as a webcam as a part of a video chat in these Corona times. 

I can't however seem to find the driver CD that came with the camera (nor does my computer have a DVD-drive), and I can't find the drivers at Sony support sites.

Does anyone have a Windows 10, or worst case a Windows 7 driver for this camera?

Best Regards Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I did not understand...

You can't, PC's don't has an HDMI IN and you can't use the Camera like a USB Webcam...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

profile.country.NO.title
Slasky
Explorer

Spoiler
I downloaded and installed that, but it doesnt register my camera
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you tryed to reboot Windows and unplug / plug the Camera?

profile.country.NO.title
Slasky
Explorer

A restart of the computer and choosing the USB option made the camera pop up in PlayMemories, but it still isnt recognized as a camera by the computer, only a USB drive (naturally enough, since its connected to the computer as a USB device).

Is there an option in the camera menu that lets it operate as a camera to the computer? Or should it just pop up as a camera once you plug the USB cable in?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Have you follow theese steps?:

"PlayMemories Home" Basic Operations (Windows)

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/support/app/playmemorieshome/en/help/win/

profile.country.NO.title
Slasky
Explorer

From what I can read, that will only help me import the video or pictures taken by the camera. I want to use the camera instead of a webcam on the computer, as in use it to record a live video feed to foe instance Skype

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I did not understand...

You can't, PC's don't has an HDMI IN and you can't use the Camera like a USB Webcam...

profile.country.NO.title
Slasky
Explorer

Awh, was afraid of that. Thanks alot for your replies 🙂