Join now - be part of our community!

Looking For Mac OSX Driver for DCR-TRV140E

profile.country.en_GB.title
kultofkylie
New

Looking For Mac OSX Driver for DCR-TRV140E

Hi,

I recently had to replace my old DCR-TRV140E as it was broken beyond repair and the new one has a USB connection instead of firewire.  The firewire version worked fine with my macbook without any additional drivers but now it won't recognise the new camera and I can't seem to find any OSX drivers online for it. 

Does anyone know where I can get hold of USB drivers?

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 - haven't got round to upgrading to Lion yet.

Many thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi kultofkylie, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If I read you right, you replaced your TRV140E :thinking: You don't say what you replaced it with.

Can you tell me what camera model your trying to connect via USB? If It's another TRV140E, it should have a DV out port and you can use Firewire.

AFAIK there are no USB drivers for Mac...

Cheers

Mick

kultofkylie
New

Wow - I plain forgot that I had posted on here asking for help until now, nearly 4 years later when I've finally gotten around to trying to transfer my tapes.

I was about to throw in the towel as I just could not get the USB streaming to work for love nor money, however I found that the camera does in fact still have firewire, S Video and AV outputs - they were just discreetly hidden compared to the older (1998) model I had previously.  So on the one hand I feel like a total dumbass for failing to spot that back in 2012 but on the other hand very pleased to have resolved the problem!  

Now to find where I put my firewire cable...

profile.country.ES.title
alexbelfon
Explorer

Hi, I am looking for a driver for a handycam Digital 8 / DCR-TVR140 NTSC for a mac computer?

Can U help me.

thx

Tags (1)