Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S370 randomly stops playing DVDs and CDs

profile.country.en_GB.title
mrohse
Visitor

BDP-S370 randomly stops playing DVDs and CDs

Hi there,

we've had our BDP-S370 for just over a year now and have been very happy with it. However, just over a week ago it has started playing up when we play DVDs and CDs (haven't notice the same issue with Blu Rays). It will randomly stop playing the CD/DVD and we get a blank screen although it does not turn itself off. We haven't notice it stops at a particular point of the CD/DVD...sometimes it's within 5 minutes of it playing, some others it's half-way through the film.

Any tips much appreciated as it's not quite as fun to have to restart everything each time we try and watch a film.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.de_DE.title
jhaber1
Visitor

Hi,

I have got the same problem sinc a couple of weeks. Affects only DVD, not BD. Sometimes it continues after a few seconds, sometimes upon pressing stop and play, sometimes however not at all.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
dcam860604
Explorer

I can add Blu-Ray discs to this problem stream too.  My BDP-S370 stops part way through a Blu-Ray disc that has performed perfectly on an older Panasonic Blu-Ray player in the past.  It stops at exactly the same point every time.  I have properly cleaned the disc but it makes no difference.  It will jump past this but stop again after a few seconds.  unloading the disc and starting from the beginning makes no difference.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Bluray disk are subject to broke and the player is 8/9 years old....

profile.country.GB.title
dcam860604
Explorer

8/9 years old - really?  OK, I didn't notice that this was missing a zero.  I bought my BDP-S3700 new in the UK a month or so ago.  It was first reviewed by What Hi-Fi in April 2017.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So you don't really have a BDP S370 that is dated 2010, in any case have you tried with another disk? the disk itself can be broken

profile.country.GB.title
dcam860604
Explorer

True - and I admit my error reading the subject.  The point I am making is that the Blu-Ray disc plays perfectly on a Panasonic player and also a PS4.  I do not believe there is an issue with the disc unless the DBP-S3700 is extremely sensitive compared to the other two devices.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It can be, you may only try with an another disk to verify