Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7100W to STR-DN1070

lovlid
New

BDV-N7100W to STR-DN1070

I'm thinking about buying the STR-DN1070 amp for streaming, multiroom speakers and the extra HDMI connections. I already own the BDV-N7100W all in one. What I need to know is can I connect the all in one to the amp? Will the amp take over surround duties? Can I cut the proprietary Sony connectors off the all in one's speakers to connect them to the amp?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cant really find the full specifications on what speaker specs are suited to the DN1070 yet.  But in general terms its never a good idea to attach the speakers from an all-in-one solution onto an AV Receiver.  I use the philosophy of 'do it once, do it right'.  

Cheers

gebearm

Does the 1070 have  a pre-out to connect to a stereo amplifier, How do you connect the FM aerial, What is the power rating both channels driven into 8 ohms. Thinking of buying it because the HDMI board on my Sony STR-DA 5400 ES has failed. 

gebearm

Sony description of the DN 1070  appears to be far too good to be true. Do not like the non standard FM connection, the fixed power cord and have yet to find out if there is a pre-out as on the STR-DA5400ES  AVR to connect to a more powerful  better stereo amplifier..The HDMI board has failed after only 6 years on my ES AVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @gebearm

Have a read of the manual HERE, as i think it answers many questions.  In regards to the FM aerial, see this thread HERE.

Cheers

gebearm

I think it is best to avoid all SONY products ,far too troublesome with no proper support. Instead of going to buy the  about to be released DN1070 because it has  non standard   unacceptable rubbish FM aerial input and a cheapo fixed mains  cable, I have bought the YAMAHA  RXA-850  receiver  which has   same audio features as the SONY   I year earlier , and is probably made in the same  MALAYSIAN  factory as my failed after only 6 years Sony STR-DA5400ES receiver.  can not be repaired. I contact SONY direct get an acknowledgement but no further info.  I very much regret buying the Sony XD9305 TV. Should have bought a SAMSUNG who  have excellent customer . support IMO SONY are misleading consumers. and deliberately introduce distortion into TV sound in order to sell soundbars.