Join now - be part of our community!

Dolby 5.1 from UHP-H1?

SOLVED
PaulRC
New

Dolby 5.1 from UHP-H1?

In have Apple TV, SKY and a UHP-H1 all connected to my Bravia TV via HDMI. The TV connects to a Sonos Soundbar via optical cable. I get Dolby 5.1 surround from SKY and Apple devices but can only get Stereo from the UHP-H1? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulRC
New

Hi Manolo, thanks for your reply. It turns out that one of the HDMI inputs on my Bravia was down-converting the 5.1 output to stereo - the other 2 inputs were fine. I could find no information on this in the Sony user guide for my TV. The test was simple in the end - when I connected the optical output from the UHP-H1 to the Sonos playbar directly, 5.1 appeared in the Sonos diagnostic menu. The sound difference is incredible. You live and you learn. Cheers, Paul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

can you verify in [Audio Settings]:

[Digital Audio Output] > PCM[BD Audio MIX Setting] > Off[DTS Neo:6] > Off and [Downmix][Surround].

Manolo

PaulRC
New

Hi Manolo, thanks for your reply. It turns out that one of the HDMI inputs on my Bravia was down-converting the 5.1 output to stereo - the other 2 inputs were fine. I could find no information on this in the Sony user guide for my TV. The test was simple in the end - when I connected the optical output from the UHP-H1 to the Sonos playbar directly, 5.1 appeared in the Sonos diagnostic menu. The sound difference is incredible. You live and you learn. Cheers, Paul

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

:wink:

Manolo