Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me set up my soundbar and devices.

Please help me set up my soundbar and devices.

Hi everyone, I picked up a Sony KD55S8005CBU TV and a Sony HTCT780 330W 2.1 Sound Bar recently.

I need some guidance on settng them up tork work in the best function. I want my soundbar to power off when I turn the TV off and power on with the TV automatically. I am sure it can be done using some sort of HDMI set up and bravia sync but I cannot figure it out.

I have Sky HD, Blu-ray player, PC, Nintendo Wii plugged into the 4 HDMI ports on the TV, the soundbar is operating using the optical cable from soundbar to TV.

How should I ire up all the HDMI to get it to work how I want? Something like Soundbar HDMI to TV HDMI, then other HDMI from Blu ray player, PC and Wii going into the soundbar or something?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to connect the sounbar to the TV via HDMI.  It is not possible to do what you want via optical connection.  On the TV, use the HDMI4-ARC port.

On the TV, ensure that Bravia Sync is enabled and that Control for HDMI is enabled on the Soundbar.

On the TV, go into the Bravia Sync Setting in the External Inputs menu, and ensure both of the following is ON

• Auto Devices OFF
  • Auto TV On

Cheers