Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BDVN7200WB 4K pass through?

SONY BDVN7200WB 4K pass through?

Hi,

I have a SONY BDVN7200WB surround sound dvd player. I own a LG 65EF950 TV that is hooked up to the Sony Player via HDMI Arc.

My Sky Q box is currently running through my Sony player and not directly to the TV.

I am aware the Sony BDVN7200WB has 4K upscaling but I was also under the impression that it allows 4K pass through?

Sky Q is launching its 4K service from August 13th and I want to be prepared for it. Last night, I manually went into settings on the Sky Q box and you can change the resolution from 1080 to 4K. However, it didn't work for me as it was saying my TV/device wasn't 4k etc. I therefore questionned if the Sony player allows 4K to pass through it or I was doing something wrong, ie, need to change some settings on the Sony player?

I then tested out Sky Q by simply connected the HDMI from the Sky Q box to the TV and it did allowed my to change my resolution to 4K so therefore it's not the Sky Q box or HDMI cable that's the issue, it's definitely the Sony player.

I would like my Sky Q box to continue being hooked up to the surround sound rather than directly to the TV. Can anyone tell me if the player I have is 4K pass through? If so, want do I do to fix this issue?

Cheers,
Rob

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have rightly found out.  The BDV-N7200WB does not have 4K pass-through.  However your LG TV should be able to pass-through audio signals to the BDV-N7209WB. 

Cheers