Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DN 1060 and SRS-X77 multiroom problem using songpal

STR-DN 1060 and SRS-X77 multiroom problem using songpal

Just picked up a STR-DN1060 since it's supported by Sony's multiroom feature together with the SRS-X77 using the SongPal app. 

When i play Spotify connect on the SRS-X77 alone via andriod everything works just fine, I can change sound settings etc. That's also the case with the STR-DN1060, Spotify connect works like a charm, I can chose wich speakers to use /I have a 5.1 system connected to it) and the subwoofer works fine!

The problem starts when i link them together with the SongPal app, creating a group with the STR-DN1060 and the SRS-X77. When I start spotify my subwoofer wont get any signal from the STR-DN1060, and I cannot change any settings on the reciever either, it says: NO.USE when i try to change the speakers or almost anything.

Please help me, im going crazy here!! =((((

4 REPLIES 4
bex1968
New

Me three! Was hoping you had found the solution! 😞

Jose1983
New

Hello! I have exactly the same problem, and by the way no one, not Sony, know how to solve it. I am very disappointed. If anyone here knows how to solve the problem, please help me. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
DFender666
Explorer

Hi guys

Any news here?

I have the STR-DN1060 and 2 times SRS-x77.

Really hating having to not use these to the intensed purpose...

br Ole

profile.country.GB.title
DFender666
Explorer

Comfirmed from Sony support in Norway, STR-DN1060 not intended to (or able to) play on the subwoofer while connected in a group...

Shame it took 2 months to confirm. Problems solved with a Chromecast Audio device in 10 minutes. Groups perfetcty with my SRS-X77 units now.

Hopefully this will be resolved with a FW update later.