Join now - be part of our community!

Boot Loop? Seen other threads, but none have answered?!

SOLVED
Not applicable

Boot Loop? Seen other threads, but none have answered?!

Ok, so I've had my Sony Xperia S for about 2 months now, and for about the last month it has had an update icon, so I've gone to update it today and it got to the satge where it said it was updating. I then got a "ding" on my computer and it said something had been installed, but it had disappeared before I could see what it said. However, on the PCC it said it was still installing, so I thought it must just be something my PC was doing. Then I looked at my phone and realised the screen had gone completely black, but the LED was flashing geen. When I tried to turn it on there was no response, so I restarted it using the power button and the volume up button. This is where it then got stuck in the Boot Loop. So I came on here looking for help. Everything I have found, hasn't worked. My PCC doesn't recognise my phone AT ALL so I CANNOT get onto PCC to do any form of repair or backup or update. I did finally manage to turn the thing off by holding the power button and the up button for longer than 5 secs, and I got three vibrates and then the screen goes black. If I leave it it stays off. If I try to either plug it into the wall charger, or my laptop, I get a vibrate and a green LED light, but then the whole boot loop starts again. If I turn it off but then try to flash start it with the power and down button, I get a Blue LED light come on, and then the boot loop again. I have also tried taking out my SIM card (not that I thought that would help in any way :S) and as I thought, sod all happened. I have also tried power and down together while in the boot loop, just the power button, just the power button after I manage to turn it off and still nothing.

I am now really stuck for ideas, so anything would be really helpful!!! PLEASE?!?!?! :'(

15 REPLIES 15
Nabeel
Master

First of all force shutdown your phone

Press and hold Power Button and Volume Up button at the same time

5 Seconds > Restart Phone

10 Seconds > Shutdown Phone

Do not try to switch it on

Then relock your bootloader by flashing this file

http://www.4shared.com/file/__hkS9DQ/Xperia-S_Relock_bootloader.html

Then flash any ICS rom from here

{GUIDE} How to Install ICS ( Ice Cream Sandwich) on Xperia™ Smartphones, Root and Downgrade to Ginge...

manishdevraj
Visitor

Thank you. I have already used this bootloader locker from the instructions you have mentioned in some other forum. If I try to flash this FTF via flashtool, bad news is before Xperia S got bootloop it has not been marked to accept apps from unknown sources so flashtool won't flash it in flashmode.

Is therey anyway I can flash it in fastboot mode something like?

So I could extract the loader and TA files out of it and flash it that, but I am not sure of the partition names for these .sin files.

Nabeel
Master

Don't worry about unknown sources. Go ahead and flash.

Don't mess with fastboot my advice Slightly_smiling_Face

luigi0824
Visitor

i encountered the same problem and i fixed it, however i cannot connect to my home wifi i type the right password but it always says authentication problem but my sister can connect with her samsung galaxy y. Please help me

Nabeel
Master

Are you able to connect your phone to other wifi network ? check that

manishdevraj
Visitor

Finally nothing worked in my case. Tried every possible flash kernel/system using flashtool. I then sent my phone to Sony Center and they had my motherboard replaced. I got my phone with new motherboard and IMEI number.