Join now - be part of our community!

Green stripe while watching Full HD video

SOLVED
mischo04
Visitor

Green stripe while watching Full HD video

Hello,

Im experiencing issue when i watching Full HD video on my xperia P - at the bottom of screen is flashing one (or two) row of pixels at green color. This happens only when i watch full hd video with stabilization on (recoreded by my xperia). In other cases green stripes is not visible.There is i screenshot from paused video in my xperia. When i play recored video in PC, no green stripe. Any explanations?

Screenshot_2012-11-01-22-41-51.png

FW: 6.1.B.0.559 orange branded

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
watsonbeh
Visitor

18 REPLIES 18
Raja22223
Contributor

R u facing the issue only with this video or with all ?

Mark if found

• Correct Answer
  • Helpful Answer
vince
Visitor

Yes even iam facing this issue with mostly all videos..

aayushjain1987
Visitor

Yes, it occurs when viewing recorded videos !!

And when you watch videos on youtube too ( ones without black border ) , you can see hazy lines at the bottom of the video. !!

Even when you change the video orientation , you will experience this !!

This can be due to LED backlight bleeding (not sure though) , display need to be changed.

Same problem with my phone too, but not getting phone repaired for now, SONY service might scratch my phone.

Skynet1
Visitor

Even I have the same problem can  SUS repair solve this problem or is it a hardware problem?

Johan
Master

We have been able to replicate this issue and it seems to occur when you move the camera upwards during recording.

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and will forward this for investigation.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:

Phone nr:

E-mail:

Operator:

Product(s):

IMEI nr:

Build number:

Skynet1
Visitor

Okay what I did is that I downloaded an app called camera ICS from market and recorded the videos in 1080 p even tired moving the camera upwards while recording and then played back the video and didn't see the green line at the bottom so I think it is not a hardware prob may be some problem with stock video playback player but I am not sure.:smileyconfused:

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

This stripe appears when recording,and yes,Johan is right.I have these stripes at recorded videos,where i moved my camera up or down.It is a software glitch i think.

alexdon
azizvc
Visitor

My Xperia P show de same problem when I play recorded videos, my SW is 6.1.B.0.544 Android 4.0.4

crysis9
Visitor

same problem here , android 4.0.4 , ive started searching google and found this topic