Join now - be part of our community!

Problem after water test

SOLVED
KayAee
Visitor

Problem after water test

Hi all,

So few days ago i tried the water test but since i was quite scared it will affect the phone, i tried putting in into a bowl of water for about a minute and i tried playing song (after) and testing the wet finger on screen everything was okay. the next day, after using the phone to play game i realize there are a lot of small water droplets inside the camera and also the sensors and there was water vapour showing up on the top part of the screen.

so i'm wondering how to clear up that water droplets and vapour and is this normal?

i've been knockin it on my hand hoping the water droplets would go somewhere but to no avail. T_T

120821-185006.bmp120821-185043.bmp

sorry for camera quality..i'm using my laptop camera..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KayAee
Visitor

Guys i just found out that my theory was true.

The water bubble inside the camera, sensor and also the screen was due to condensation. Here’s the thing, as i remember, i was playing games after surfing the web and the phone was quite hot when i dip it inside water, hence the condensation.

Okay how do i know this is true;

-The water bubble (camera) - no matter how hard i knock it on my palm the water was going nowhere.

-The front screen - yesterday i was using is casually and i notice the water vapour on the front side was gone.

-And then there's the solution.

The ingenious solution;

Since the camera still contains water bubbles, i decided to turn on the flash for the cam while I’m charging it. The result? No bubble whatsoever and the camera are working like nothing had happened.

This was solved by me lol.

Lastly words of advice make sure the phone is in a subtle warm or normal temperature before proceeding with dipping it into water. Also make sure that the water is not cold.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JohnSt
Visitor

No water is supposed to get into the phone. What you are describing is not normal. Either your phone has a production defect or you have exposed it to water without making sure all the covers are closed (SIM, micro SD, USB and headphones).

Since the water seems to have entered near the top of the phone it is possible that it might have gotten in through the SD slot, USB or headphone jack.

My Go is exposed to water almost daily with no problems.

KayAee
Visitor

Thanks for the feedback. I double checked the usb and jack before testing it and it was only for less than a few minute. Well i'm a doubter haha.

Also thanks for confirming to me that no water can actually enter the phone. When i get back home next week, I'll pick up my warranty card and checked at sony, what's at fault. I'll update this later on.

anyway if it is a defect product it means it's covered in the warranty rite?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hmm, this is interesting, please do try to update us. Slightly_smiling_Face

KayAee
Visitor

Guys i just found out that my theory was true.

The water bubble inside the camera, sensor and also the screen was due to condensation. Here’s the thing, as i remember, i was playing games after surfing the web and the phone was quite hot when i dip it inside water, hence the condensation.

Okay how do i know this is true;

-The water bubble (camera) - no matter how hard i knock it on my palm the water was going nowhere.

-The front screen - yesterday i was using is casually and i notice the water vapour on the front side was gone.

-And then there's the solution.

The ingenious solution;

Since the camera still contains water bubbles, i decided to turn on the flash for the cam while I’m charging it. The result? No bubble whatsoever and the camera are working like nothing had happened.

This was solved by me lol.

Lastly words of advice make sure the phone is in a subtle warm or normal temperature before proceeding with dipping it into water. Also make sure that the water is not cold.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

that's interesting indeed. Slightly_smiling_Face  thanks for sharing.

ganp95
Visitor

the same happened to me but it solved itself!  But it is a real problem the bubbles in the camera, though.  it happends almost every time i took it under water. 

now i have bigger problem, my go is dead, i took it yesterday 50 cm under fresh water and made a video underwater, a minute later noticed that my phone wasnt turning on, it was dead.  ALL the ports of the phone were SEALED, i always control that before taking it under water. I just have it since a month and this happened. Please help

babykath04
Visitor

i have my xperia go. the water entered the lcd after it fell on the water just for 5 seconds. the service center doesnt want to fix it. they say it doesnt cover by the warranty. i just used the phone fo 3 weeks then that incidence happened. the specification says that phones capacity is 30 mins. and 1 meter then why the water entered the lcd? PLS HELP

taotoo
Visitor

As the OP figured out, condensation can be an issue.

Also, if you read the small print, your GO is essentially guaranteed for only the first day of purchase - after that the seals can degrade and the water resistance can be reduced. Any manufacturer of non-professional water resistant electronics will refuse a warranty return on grounds of 'abuse' if the device is more than a few weeks old.