Join now - be part of our community!

Repeating SMS with ICS

SOLVED
redking13
Visitor

Repeating SMS with ICS

Hey guys, I've updated my Xperia go to ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 and I haven't experienced a lot of the extreme problems people have had with the update apart from the slowed response time and the messed-up nature of Facebook Inside Xperia. What I have noticed is that text messages from my contacts tend to keep coming over and over again throughout the day. In the meantime, newer messages lag and sometimes come at night. I use the standard Message function innate to my go.

What I wanted to ask was, does anyone experience the same thing? I'm trying to isolate whether or not the problem might be with my carrier Globe Telecom in the Philippines. Other than that, everything is more or less fine.

Additionally, I read through a lot of these forums and I have to ask: why doesn't Sony seem to answer anyone? Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

have you try using a different SIM card? also the SMS that take longer to be received are those regular 1 sms or long sms 2 or more sms together? if the later then SMS are converted into MMS and that might take longer to be sent and / or received in some networks

redking13
Visitor

Just regular ones. They kind of bunch up together in one giant batch of messages all in one go. Sometimes, a new message comes in on time but it gets paired up with an older on resent. It's weird. Our carrier seems to have connectivity issues in general whether used on an iPhone or an Android--my friends and I lose 3G connectivity at roughly the same time. It's just mine that has messages bump together.

Hmmm maybe I'll try using a third party messenger client. Trying to figure which support forum to go for. Hahaha

redking13
Visitor

Definately a network issue. Even with Go SMS, everyone seems to be still spamming me. Dizzy_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

sorry to hear that, go to settings > about phone > check the signal strenght

redking13
Visitor

Thanks! Actually, I am kind of glad it's a network problem rather than trouble with the phone. It seems to be all part of their restructuring and upgrading effort here in the Philippines. To have it be the phone would have been kind of a nightmare considering the troubles people are reporting here with the Xperia go.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Anytime