Join now - be part of our community!

Thinking of unlocking bootloader but not sure

SOLVED
randomvideogame
Visitor

Thinking of unlocking bootloader but not sure

Hi.I'm thinking of unlocking the bootloader of Neo V to flash JB but I'm not sure and I have some questions.

1.Will a new rom help on perfomance battery and ram mangement?

2.Will a JB rom drain too much battery in a small amount of time?

3.Can I go back to the original GB rom?

4.Will the GB Camera app play on a new Rom and can I find it as an .apk?

5.Is there a stable JB 4.1 Rom or even better 4.2 for Neo V?

6.Can I unroot my phone on the new rom?

Please answer every question you can. Slightly_smiling_Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thrawn60
Visitor

You should check the XDA website, there are many factores as you also write above, I didn't unlock the boot loader on my Neo L, but I did root it, even seems to run better and longer battery life, and this was just with ICS and not JB.

The answers to your questions are below as far as I'm aware.

1. No, Neo series have a problem with running ICS smoothly and will lack a bit, so with JB is even worse. You will by rooting have access to more advanced memory management, but the free task killer from Google Play is also handy managing our phones memmory.

2. According to what I have read, it will be roughly the same consumption as ICS, though it will be more laggy and some features might not work 100%

3. Yes, if you have a back up of the original ROM you can flash it back to stock.

4. Not sure about that one.

5. Check the website I mentioned above.

6. This that is posible, but not sure since I never tried going back to unrooted version once rooted.

Hope that helps a bit Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thrawn60
Visitor

You should check the XDA website, there are many factores as you also write above, I didn't unlock the boot loader on my Neo L, but I did root it, even seems to run better and longer battery life, and this was just with ICS and not JB.

The answers to your questions are below as far as I'm aware.

1. No, Neo series have a problem with running ICS smoothly and will lack a bit, so with JB is even worse. You will by rooting have access to more advanced memory management, but the free task killer from Google Play is also handy managing our phones memmory.

2. According to what I have read, it will be roughly the same consumption as ICS, though it will be more laggy and some features might not work 100%

3. Yes, if you have a back up of the original ROM you can flash it back to stock.

4. Not sure about that one.

5. Check the website I mentioned above.

6. This that is posible, but not sure since I never tried going back to unrooted version once rooted.

Hope that helps a bit Slightly_smiling_Face

randomvideogame
Visitor

Thanks!