Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to turn off alarm when screen is locked (pattern)

SOLVED
beachwalker
Visitor

Unable to turn off alarm when screen is locked (pattern)

I am new to smartphones and have had mine just a few days - I haven't set up much yet.  I have used the alarm and it worked as expected.  I then set a screen lock with a pattern - when the alarm went off the next morning, I couldn't turn it off - the slider should turn off the alarm but this time when I used it the alarm continued and the phone wanted my security pattern - after that I couldn't see how to turn off the alarm as I now had my normal home screen, not the alarm screen - the slider was not there, nor was the snooze option.   I did disable the security in the end and the alarm stopped but coincidentally it was exactly 10 minutes after it started (it did spend some time under my pillow!) so perhaps this is how long the alarm sounds anyway.  This is the alarm which is supplied with the phone. I wonder if I am doing something wrong as I couldn't find any information about this problem anywhere online. Should the alarm be silenced another way when security is set?  Thank you for any help.

Update - if I pull down the notifications, it shows that the Alarm was silenced after 10 minutes.  I am such a noob - does that mean I silenced it?  I wish I knew how!  Perhaps this is the way to silence it from the "home" screen?  I'll update if/when I'm able to answer my own question Winking_Face  but if anyone can possibly confirm the "official" method I'd be really grateful!

Thank you again if anyone can help guide me in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

It sounds like you may have touched the home button when the alarm rang. That will minimize the alarm and you then need to draw your pattern to unlock the phone, slide down the notifications bar and tap the alarm to dismiss/snooze it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rickard
Master

It sounds like you may have touched the home button when the alarm rang. That will minimize the alarm and you then need to draw your pattern to unlock the phone, slide down the notifications bar and tap the alarm to dismiss/snooze it.

beachwalker
Visitor

Hi Rickard, thanks for your reply.  It's possible I did that - I haven't yet learned precise actions when waking up but it's early days!  I will test the scenario with a nice quiet alarm, and see what happens.

Cheers

...update: totally correct - dragging the notification bar shows the alarm slider - and I've discovered I can use the side buttons to turn it off  - no dexterity or thought needed now! 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question Slightly_smiling_Face