Join now - be part of our community!

Voice Dialler gone in ICS??

SOLVED
dcexperiaion
Visitor

Voice Dialler gone in ICS??

After reading several threads, I am pretty sure that AT&T/Sony did not bundle "Voice Dialler" in the recent upgrade to ICS.

However, I really like that app, and I really appreciated NOT having all my requests going through the google servers.

This was important to me not only because of privacy concerns, but because it was quicker, and there were some cases where I wanted the dialler since I had phone service, but not data service.

It was actually a pretty smooth app for me, since it recognized voice commands better than both Vlingo and Speaktoit apps.

So, does anyone know if the Sony-developed (I think?) Voice Dialler app (that uses local engines instead of servers) is still available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

Unfortunately this application is not available in the the ICS version of Android for your phone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Johan
Master

Unfortunately this application is not available in the the ICS version of Android for your phone.

dcexperiaion
Visitor

I will only say that removing applications and downgrading capabilities when 'upgrading' operating systems is a terrible, terrible policy.

This application was one of the things that distinguished Sony from its competitors, but no more.

I can only say I am very disappointed.

Smoky
Visitor

Voce dialer was the only option for me to dial from the car. I guess I will go back to my old not-smart Sony Ericsson...