Join now - be part of our community!

How to hard reset phone?

sw7993
New

How to hard reset phone?

My child has changed the pattern on her Sony Xperia XZ but then forgot it. We tried to do the find phone option but the phone doesn’t show up. None of the button combinations give a factory reset option. We tried using the software repair option but the software won’t open on my Mac as it says the software is outdated. Any ideas on how to hard reset and access the phone? 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

The only option for reset in this case is the Xperia companion actually. Try to test it again on Windows PC for example.

profile.country.EE.title
TakisPap1985
Explorer

When someone performs a factory reset (hard reset) to a Sony Ericsson Elm (feature mobile phone without OS platform) via Sony Ericsson PC Suite by choosing the option "repair phone" the program uses the Update Service, updates the software by installing a new one (or re-installs the same version if not available a new one) restore the mobile phone to its factory settings and condition and erases all data stored in the internal memory (present and deleted) by overwriting them am I right?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @TakisPap1985 

I'm not sure about the Ericsson PC suit tool as I didn't use it before but, it looks familiar to what the Xperia Companion does , which is erasing all data on the phone, resetting the device to the factory settings, reinstall the software of the phone to fix any bugs with it, and also update the phone to the latest firmware update.