Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XZ2 fails and no support

Sony Xperia XZ2 fails and no support

I bought a Sony XZ2 Compact from AliExpress and it failed after three weeks. It would not receive charge and the battery depleted within hours.

Sony refused to fix the problem or offer any compensation as the product was not bought from a UK retailer. I appreciate that I made an error in buying from abroad, but the fact that they inspected the product, confirmed that it was genuine, and then decided that they would leave me with an expensive paperweight because legally they could still feels like a raw deal. They know they have manufactured a product with a fault and are not interested in dealing with the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

The main problem is that it was bought from Ali express and imported from a region that would honour that warranty for that particular model, into a region that carries different models.

What I would do myself is put in a return through AliExpress as it arrived DOA and is not as described.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @rob.darling, the only solution is to keep following up with AliExpress until they sort this out for you. Also, have you tried different chargers? If yes, have you tried a software repair as well?