Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA XZ2 3G problem

Kantz223
New

XPERIA XZ2 3G problem

Screenshot_20231101-084602.png

Hi, I have a xperia xz2 and I live in Greece with Vodafone as a carrier.

Some months ago, 3G has been stopped and I have problems with calling someone or receiving calls and sending or receiving SMS's. I contacted vodafone help desk and talked to a technician and we tried to find solution in two kinds of problems:

1. I have 4G on in my xperia and try to make a call. As soon as the call begins the 4G signal drops to 2G, so I don't have internet when I talk to someone... 2. The big problem is that once every two days there is no way to make or receive calls and sms.

For the first problem the technician told me that I shall contact you in order to send me a new 4G update of your firmware.

For the second problem which is more complicated, he told me to ask for your help. That it because sony xperia have different menu and options from other manufacturers: there are two buttons in order to turn on mobile data, one with the globe as icon and one the 4G. So, when I turn off 4G, the mobile tries to find the next smaller network (3G), but it will not find it since there is no such thing nowadays... See the screenshot. Can you help me?

Especially the second problem is really important because I don't know when the problem begins and I lose calls (signal in right upper corner seems OK) (when someone tries to call me, first he receives no reply and second I do not receive any indication that he tried to call me, not even sms).

Could a solution be this?: in the screenshot if I could eliminate the option 3G, since there is no such band on, the mobile would search for simple 2G band and I could make calls! 

In other words, the mobile shall in any way learn that the 3G is not an option. Can I tweek it? 

In order to solve the problem I keep turning on and off data and 4g signal until I can make a call. It may need 10 tries to fix it.... Or else I must restart the device. And this is really annoying!

I have a mobile phone and I cannot make calls!!! 

0 REPLIES 0