Join now - be part of our community!

Question about A77ii shutter button

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Question about A77ii shutter button

Hi,

I've just upgraded from the A77 to the A77ii and I'm inding the shutter button very 'mushy', there's no definite 'stop' on half press and I have to say I don't find it as easy to focus lock because of this, I have ended up taking the shot on a couple of occasions. Is this normal for the A77ii or is mine faulty?

Cheers

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

The "mushy" shutter button has been implemented this way deliberately to avoid a "small movement" when fully pressing the shutter button. It has been this way for several generations of (high end) Sony Alpha cameras.

It needs some getting used to, but it helps reducing unnecessary hard pressing movement which could cause blurred images :wink:

It was well received when it first appeared on Sony Alpha's! :nauseated_face:

Thanks, as you may see from above within a day I got used to it. Strange you say it's been on a number of high end Sony's though as I don't recall my A77 being as "mushy".

But as I said, it's a non issue and I'm now used to it.
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

On the A700, A77 and A99 it's all the same, I have or had these cameras. :slight_smile:

Glad to see you got used to it! Enjoy!

Thanks will do, I loved my A77 and the A77ii is a very nice upgrade and I'm sure I'll love it even more.