Join now - be part of our community!

Weakness in foot of Sony HVL-F60M

profile.country.GB.title
aardvark7

Weakness in foot of Sony HVL-F60M

I'm a professional photographer, using Sony A99s, so it's very likely I use my cameras more than most, but I have had three failures of the foot of my flashguns.

They all break at the same point so that the flash becomes loose and rocks on the mount. You can only see the crack once the foot is removed and it is just to the inside of the springs which retain the pressure plate.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I treat my gear extremely well and this is the only failure I have had of any sort in 6 years of Sony gear (plus 3 years of KM7D). To have three identical breaks seems too much of a co-incidence, so I'm keen to hear if I am the only one, or one of many.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
aardvark7

Having contacted Sony support directly (4 emails!) I have now received a response.

Basically it consists of a message that says 'Tough, but if you need parts you can buy them at eeteuroparts'.

As it turns out, in my desperation and research I have found another supplier, which is slightly cheaper, and it transpires that the foot design has been changed. The new one being part no. A1913790B

So, by inference Sony have realised the problem and redesigned the foot, but is leaving everyone to think that it is just one of those accidents caused by use.

This is just the latest in a long line of the very worst customer service by Sony. Disgraceful!