Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XH8096BU

profile.country.GB.title
mareaso18
Explorer

KD43XH8096BU

I recently purchased a KD43XH8096BU, is there a simpler way off turning the tv on and off beside having to press the small button on the back, would it be ok to just turn the tv off at the mains plug. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Yes, you can turn the TV off by disconnecting it from mains.

But please ensure that it's in standby mode before you cut it from mains.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
mareaso18
Explorer

Thank you for your reply Peter. 

The only annoying thing with putting the tv into standby is that I have to move the sound bar which is in front of the remote control censor, all other buttons work fine with the sound bar there, just not the standby button. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@mareaso18 

What soundbar? Can you check if it has RF Passthrough, or Remote Relay, or something with a name like that?

If it has, and you enable it, then the soundbar should mirror everything it sees in its magic eye on a repeater on the back, which the TV magic eye will then see.

e.g. TV Remote Repeater, as here:-

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/sound_bar/ysp-2500/specs.html#product-tabs

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
mareaso18
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

I have a Sony HF SF200 sound bar, I’ve sort of sorted the problem out by placing the sound bar between the legs at the rear of the tv, it looks ok and the sound it produces is exactly the same as if it was at the front. I’m looking at changing the sound bar soon so I’ll look for one with the features you mentioned.