Join now - be part of our community!

Sony National Relations

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

Sony National Relations

Hello I am Gilbert and I want to make a complaint to Sony regarding my time and the way I been treated, first I want to start by saying I have and been feeling discriminated. I been in contact with only individuals from the Philippines and most of the times I feel like they don’t take my case serious and go by what the other person says. The reason I say this is because one day I had to pretend to be half philipino to see if they would take me more seriously, and they did, as if they wanted to help one of there own. Now idk what to call that either discrimination or racism. I don’t think it’s professional at all, everyone, especially in the call centers or customers services should be treated the same. Now secondly I been promise a new model with full comparisons to my old model which includes size, quality and price difference. In this case about 3 weeks ago I have talk to the supervisor Randa about putting with a television soon, and my only option according to her was the A80J which wasn’t available in the market, however the A90J was. I ask randa to put me on  A90J instead and she will get back to me in a couple of days. After a couple of days she didn’t call me or anything. I followed up the next day to see if she gotten the approval. Because Randa doesn’t take calls I had to talk to one of her workers. I ask to email randa or to see the status and they mention she’s still working on it, however if it was to be approve the unit wasn’t available in the warehouse. To me, it sounded like they wanted to stall me because the A80J hasn’t gotten out yet, by the way the A80J is cheaper, so I call again just to ask if the unit A90J was available without giving my information. The person that I ask said that the A90J was Available in other words they lied. To me this is unprofessional. They stall me for 3 weeks to give me a cheaper unit to my old one. I strongly feel like they rather screw the customer and save money than to actually be the customers shoes and provide good and fast service. Now that the A80J is available now they are trying to force that model to me. Cheaper quality and cheap on the price. My unit has a value of 3k and the A90J has also a value of 3k, however they want to force me or put me on A80J which values 2200. Real unprofessional. It’s the details that also count. I should be honor the A90J instead of the A80J. About the discrimination, it doesn’t matter that culture your from to be treated right. Everyone should be treated the same.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Gilbert,

Can you let us know which country you are based? 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

I am in The United States, however it’s been very difficult to speak with someone that cares. Right now my case got move and I am talking to customer advocate group thru email and my complains and problems, according to them they only see it as “feedbacks”. I don’t feel like they are taking my case seriously. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

I know I am not in the UK but I don’t Know who to seek for or were to go to get immediate help. My options are limit now to Customer advocate Group due to the lack of low, cheap quality options. If they would of start of with the XBR55A90J to begin with then I wouldn’t be in this whole mess 😞

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry but I don't understand really your complain. You have been promised an A80J to substitute your tv that is better whichever previous model you have (an I don't see you state it) but your are not feeling good if you don't get the 2021's top model that has no comparison to any other Sony past OLED? 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Gilbert, 

This is the UK Community for Sony Electronics and Mobile. We'd recommend getting in touch with the US Community here.  

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

My old model is a XBR55A8F the value is 3k while the A80J is at 2200 and the A90J is also 3k. I am sure there’s a reason why Sony makes those prices right? I plus it’s more of the time and lack of service. The only reason they offer me the A80J is because that unit is cheaper. Would you be ok to receive something cheaper then what you originally got? The A90J was available first in the market than the A80J. They literally made me wait for a unit that wasn’t in the market a month ago, instead of putting on the A90J which was available at that time. Would call that professional service? If I was to have a Television worth 1k and they would try to put me at a 2K television they wouldn’t even try to do that. Or this would be a complete different story. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

this is what I get when I try to sign on in the US community 

9535AFD8-5638-4468-BFE4-4359B5AFBF58.png

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Gilbert89  ha scritto:

My old model is a XBR55A8F the value is 3k while the A80J is at 2200 and the A90J is also 3k. I am sure there’s a reason why Sony makes those prices right? I plus it’s more of the time and lack of service. The only reason they offer me the A80J is because that unit is cheaper. Would you be ok to receive something cheaper then what you originally got? The A90J was available first in the market than the A80J. They literally made me wait for a unit that wasn’t in the market a month ago, instead of putting on the A90J which was available at that time. Would call that professional service? If I was to have a Television worth 1k and they would try to put me at a 2K television they wouldn’t even try to do that. Or this would be a complete different story. 

Price does not mean anything since they depend on technology trend, market situation, time of the year and many other variables, A8F was not even the top model in 2018 (being lower than A9F). A80J is far better than the A8F, I would accept it but obviously is your call

profile.country.GB.title
Gilbert89
Explorer

It’s been almost a week and I feel like they are ignoring me, after trying to talk to a manager and sending countless of emails to speak with a manager. I feel like they are just stalling time due to the fact that my case will close on 5/11/21. Can anyone help. I am in the US, and i know this is UK however it doesn’t allow me to enter the US community.