Join now - be part of our community!

Sound problem with apps on Bravia KD43XH8196

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ajgregor
New

Sound problem with apps on Bravia KD43XH8196

My new Bravia works well but on apps such as Amazon Prime, Spotify and BBC iPlayer there is no sound. Netflix works fine with full sound. How can I fix this ?

Al

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ajgregor
New

Solved my problem with the hi tech solution of unplugging tv for 5 minutes then plugging in and switching on - perfect! All a bit frustrating but resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stueeee
New

Well, Although it's no help to you, I have the same issue; my TV is a SONY-KD49XH8196BU. Don't use the apps a great deal, but BBC iPlayer, All4 etc. was working just fine a few weeks ago. Now there's no sound on the apps.

The sound works just fine on the TV channels still. So I'm assuming that  there has been an automatic 'upgrade' to the software on which Sony hasn't carried out the most elementary testing. 

Would be great if it were possible to stop these 'upgrades' a previous one switched on subtitles, which turned out to be a nightmare to disable. I used to think that Sony made quality stuff, that isn't being my experience with this TV.

profile.country.GB.title
ajgregor
New

Solved my problem with the hi tech solution of unplugging tv for 5 minutes then plugging in and switching on - perfect! All a bit frustrating but resolved.