Join now - be part of our community!

Two Satellite tuning problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Two Satellite tuning problems

Re KD48AG.

Super set.

Not sure if this is my ignorance or not.

I have two Satellite dishes, one for 28 & 19 degrees.

They are fed to Tuner 1 via a diseqc switch.

I configure the set accordingly, followed by a big editing session of the general satellite channels and all is well.

Some time later for some reason, the edited channel list changes without my input and on two occasions no channels appear on the general satellite input but freesat is fine, a retune fixes it.

Questions,

Why does this happen? Does a restart start affect the channel list?

Should I feed the dishes separately to Tuner 1 & Tuner 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Please disable "Service update" and "Update Services automatically" in the channel settings and perform a new channel search.

Usually this should fix the issue.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Please disable "Service update" and "Update Services automatically" in the channel settings and perform a new channel search.

Usually this should fix the issue.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestions,  I've implemented them and I'm sur that they will fix the problem .

I will need to get my head around how to do a mini retune if a particular broadcaster makes a change,   I don't want a full rescan as that involves substantial channel deletions.

Another question, would it be better to feed Dish 1 to tuner 1 and Dish 2 to tuner 2 or leave as is , both dishes to tuner 1 via diseqc switch?

Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey mamtor59. the tuning options and connections are best described here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-49xe9005/artic...

profile.country.GB.title
mamtor59

Thanks for the guidance.