Join now - be part of our community!

Update Chromecast software

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
jannikschaeffer
New

Update Chromecast software

I have a Bravia KDL-50W809C from 2015. The software in the built-in Chromecast has version 1.29, which is to old for e.g. Disney+ to work. The TV software itself is fully updated, but the Chromecast is apparently not included in this update. I have another Bravia from 2015 (different model), where the Chromecast version is 1.52. Anybody knows what to do?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You can try to update the chromecast software via the Apps menu.

But if there's not update available your TV doesn't support a newer version.

Cheers

Peter

View solution in original post

profile.country.DK.title
jannikschaeffer
New

You are correct, Chromecast is apparently not updated via the generel software updates to the tv, which is really not very user friendly. Probably some rights issue, but what do I care, I'm a consumer. The solution was to make sure that I was logged into Google Play (which I was not) and then enable automatic updates to all apps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

You can try to update the chromecast software via the Apps menu.

But if there's not update available your TV doesn't support a newer version.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, there is no new update for this TV, the latest was: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kdl-50w809c/downl... so the version should be the latest by default. And you should confirm that from the apps menu as Peter said.

profile.country.DK.title
jannikschaeffer
New

You are correct, Chromecast is apparently not updated via the generel software updates to the tv, which is really not very user friendly. Probably some rights issue, but what do I care, I'm a consumer. The solution was to make sure that I was logged into Google Play (which I was not) and then enable automatic updates to all apps.