XH92 with Xbox series x "Your TV setup doesn't support 4K UHD at 120Hz"

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Dosega
Explorer

XH92 with Xbox series x "Your TV setup doesn't support 4K UHD at 120Hz"

IMG_20210325_201341.jpg

Hi,

Does anyone have the same issue with Xbox series X connection?

My TV is a bravia 55XH92 it suppose to support 4k at 120Hz but in my Xbox settings it says "Your TV setup doesn't support 4K UHD at 120Hz"

All the forums says I should use the HDMI port 3 or 4, however on my TV port 3 is HDMI arc and if I try to set it up on that it just got worse (same on the port 4).

Anybody has a solution for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hawtin1584
Explorer

Go into settings on the tv and make sure hdmi 3 and 4 is in enhanced format for 120hz. Also you have to use a hdmi 2.1 cable. You can’t use a normal hdmi cable. Hope that helps. I would use hdmi 4 port. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dosega,

did you update your TV to the latest firmware? Do you use a fast enough HDMI cable?

- Nic

Hawtin1584
Explorer

Go into settings on the tv and make sure hdmi 3 and 4 is in enhanced format for 120hz. Also you have to use a hdmi 2.1 cable. You can’t use a normal hdmi cable. Hope that helps. I would use hdmi 4 port. 

profile.country.GB.title
Dosega
Explorer

Hi, 

Yes it's up to date and I used the ultra high speed hdmi what came with the xbox, however it turned out on port 4 I didnt set the hdmi format to enhanced, since I did it's all good. Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Dosega
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I did after I spent 4hours to watching YouTube videos. Since I set it to enhanced it's works perfectly fine.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Dosega,

thank you for the followup - glad the suggestion from @Hawtin1584  resolved your issue.

- Nic