Join now - be part of our community!

Storing footage

Storing footage

I have recently bought a Sony FDR AX53 and love the way that when you play it back all the various clips play as one long sequence and cut from one clip to the other like they did in the good old days of recording on to a VHS and there is something magical about that. 

I currently have a load of footage on the SD card which is still in the camera (although have copied the files on to my computer) and am watching the footage on the TV through the camera. 

Does anyone have any idea how to preserve this way of watching back the footage on the TV but having it on another media type? If I copy it all to the computer then it is just saved as separate clips. Should I be creating DVD's or using some type of special Hard Drive that will replicate this way of watching the footage.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @smabrahams,

at least on the PC you can mark multiple clips and then right click and select "add to playlist" if you have VLC installed. Then the clips play one after each other.

Not sure if the same is possible with your TV as well, but VLC is available for some TV-operation systems as well.

- Nic

profile.country.GR.title
ioagount

Hi smabrahams,

You can combine all videos into one single file using the Sony Play Memories Home software. It is quite easy and quick. Then, using a USB Stick, you will be able to watch the video on the smart tv.

Easy-peasy!