Join now - be part of our community!

Using an old TRV14E on a capture device.

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

Using an old TRV14E on a capture device.

I have just bought a minature HD SD card video capture device PVR , and it works pretty good when linked up to an old VHS recorder I have - the PVR has composite video in with the CINCH connectors . 
So I decided to dig out my old Sony TRV14e Camcorder as i thought  how cool it would be to record onto SD card instead of the Tape. so I got the video out cable (CINCH Phono 1 end and 3.5mm plug the other) plugged into my camcorder and then into the mini PVR ... terrible , the picture is all scrambled like! - how comes it works fine with the video out from the VHS recorder but dont work with the Video out from the TRV14e? 
Here is a video of it, you can make out some kind of picture from the camcorder under the scrambled signal. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Are you sure it's not a mechanical or dirt problem of the Heads in the Handycam?
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Marino.Manolo,

kindly read the post of @andy_from_sligo. He clearly says the output works fine when the cables are plugged into the TV directly, just when he tries to digitally record the output of the camera via the grabber/PVR the signal is scrambled.

@andy_from_sligo, how is the output coming from the camcorder - ist it a 3.5mm jack on the camcorders end and a Composite Video+2*Chinch on the other end?

- Nic