Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DN860 Display problem

profile.country.GB.title
Donatelo92
New

Sony STR-DN860 Display problem

Hello to everyone, i have a av reciver Sony STR-DN860 but display stoped working.

I opened a reciver to check and find a problem with a small transformator T1100. Now i don't have a replacement parts to change this, i check on sercive manual no info about this transformator ,it's a small transformator for vacuum floroscent display, please give me information abaut voltage in and out or how to find .

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Donatelo92 and welcome to the community,

You may be able to find the spare part you are looking for here: https://uk.eetgroup.com/Guide/m/Sony-Receiver-STR-DN860

I hope this helps.

C

profile.country.GB.title
Donatelo92
New

thanks for this i found on this page complete display board, the site not shiping for macedonia 

profile.country.GB.title
kizdol79
New

Hi. 

I have same model and same problem with display.

Any ideas how to fix the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

This sounds liek it's a problem across the STR-DN range - I hear the 1080 suffers from the same problem.  Thankfully my 1080 display is still ok.

However since so many report the same problem this is clearly a design/build problem and as such Sony are obliged to address it.   Many manufacturers will try to avoid it but you can persue a claim up to 6 years after the purchase date in most of the UK (5 in Scotland).  Similar protection is in place in the EU.    Companies try to wiggle out of it - but persevere!

Too many people are reporting the same issue with these STR units for it to be a one off.