Join now - be part of our community!

battery issue

SOLVED
Sumta
Visitor

battery issue

long story short, i cant get 12 hours from my new xperia T,

this is the 2ed device, (replaced the first one as DOA for the same issue)model LT30a and build 7.0.A.3.195 installed,

I didn't track the first full cycle but apx 8 hours (stand by) from 100% to auto shut down,  doing a full charge at the moment,

i understand it takes a few deep cycles to get the proformance that you should but i foresee it extending from 8 hours stand by to 48 hours stand by / moderate useage

any suggestions or is there just a bad batch of batterys out there being installed?

if it's a known issue, knowing the s/n set to avoid would be great  because i like the device, but realisticly i can't use it for a hour phone call or set it as my alarm clock at night as is.

brought it to a full charge to test (2ed one on this new device and still holding 100% after 40 min of stand by [hell of alot better then what it was acting like])

i will keep this updated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sumta
Visitor

ok after a little bit of playing i solved it. 

there's something fishy about the memory card slot.

if my memory card is in, mounted or not, the battery dies fast, if i take my memory card out, i got almost 30 hours out of it.

so eather;

A:issue with the sd card slot,

B:i didn't format the card for the xpiera T

C:issue with memory card itself

well that's the short list of causes but i do get better battery life now, but i'm defecting to the dark side getting a note2 because the UI options help me with school a lot more.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you need to add some screenshots

do this:

1. charge your phone 100%
  2. use it as you normally do until the battery reaches 10%
  3. settings > battery > take screenshots of the whole list, tap on the graph and take screenshots, tap on the top 4 items on the list and take screenshots.
  4. post it all here

screenshots = press and hold Volume down & power

you can send me a private message once you post all this info, most likely its an app acting up or it's constantly syncing with an account.

is Sony spying on users in this forum?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/60197

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

Sumta
Visitor

thought i got lucky, not so much and i cought the screen shots this time

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-09.png

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-16.png

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-23.png

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-31.png

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-40.png

Screenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-47.pngScreenshot_2012-12-18-12-15-55.png

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it seems that you have poor coverage and that's draining your battery like crazy

Sumta
Visitor

worked at&t tech for 3 years, 8 hours of standby /w poor coverage seems like a weak grab.   side not mobie coverage bar on the device shows green for 5 bars yellow for 3-4 and red for 1-2, 

read somewhere theres a way to "sync" the battery better, i did notice at one point yeasterday for some reason i randomly gained 3 or 4 % while at the mall. 

ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I've seen that before and it could be that the battery was hot and it cool down, thus giving you extra juice, it's normal.

go to settings > about phone > status and check the signal strength

Sumta
Visitor

-85db 14 asu at my desk

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

its not that bad, from your screenshots I've noticed that you don't have a data plan nor use wifi?

Sumta
Visitor

i'll manualy turn it on when i need to go online for something, just to try to keep a firm control of the data useage,  (side note i've made sure the sync services are all off, and back up via PC)

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert