Join now - be part of our community!

battery issue

SOLVED
Sumta
Visitor

battery issue

long story short, i cant get 12 hours from my new xperia T,

this is the 2ed device, (replaced the first one as DOA for the same issue)model LT30a and build 7.0.A.3.195 installed,

I didn't track the first full cycle but apx 8 hours (stand by) from 100% to auto shut down,  doing a full charge at the moment,

i understand it takes a few deep cycles to get the proformance that you should but i foresee it extending from 8 hours stand by to 48 hours stand by / moderate useage

any suggestions or is there just a bad batch of batterys out there being installed?

if it's a known issue, knowing the s/n set to avoid would be great  because i like the device, but realisticly i can't use it for a hour phone call or set it as my alarm clock at night as is.

brought it to a full charge to test (2ed one on this new device and still holding 100% after 40 min of stand by [hell of alot better then what it was acting like])

i will keep this updated

14 REPLIES 14
Sumta
Visitor

i'll start with the update service and bring it to full and give her a try.

starting to see what i'm wondering i see lol. 

i'll update in a day or 2 how the update service went and throw up a new screenshot of the general battery screen,    unless it goes really bad, then i'll throw up a screen shot and try the next one on the list

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it doesn't hurt to get a new SIM card if you haven't already

Sumta
Visitor

current ones only 16 days old, but i will agree, anything happens once, i'll grab a sim if the update service is a bust

Sumta
Visitor

got about 9 hours out of it.  i'm going to reset the phone once more, and kill the battery as fast as i can (loop a movie once or twice) then full charge,   i found a app to watch the amps and voltage  , i also changed the background from the defult wallpaper to a normal photo.

Sumta
Visitor

ok after a little bit of playing i solved it. 

there's something fishy about the memory card slot.

if my memory card is in, mounted or not, the battery dies fast, if i take my memory card out, i got almost 30 hours out of it.

so eather;

A:issue with the sd card slot,

B:i didn't format the card for the xpiera T

C:issue with memory card itself

well that's the short list of causes but i do get better battery life now, but i'm defecting to the dark side getting a note2 because the UI options help me with school a lot more.