Join now - be part of our community!

Boot freeze at logo after update?

SOLVED
Utvilsom
Visitor

Boot freeze at logo after update?

Hello there.

I plugged my phone to the computer, and attempted to install the newest update with the Sony PC Companion, which instructed me to detach the phone, turn it off, take out the battery for 5 seconds and put it back in, reboot and plug in again.

Problem is, after I put the battery back into the phone, as per the instructions, the phone freezes during its reboot at the Sony logo screen. It does not respond to the power button to turn off. My laptop does not recognise that the phone is plugged in when I do so, so I can't interact with it through Sony PC Companion or anything else. I was duly warned the first boot after updating would take more time, but I left it on for 9 hours, which is a bit excessive for a reboot. I am currently on vacation quite a bit far from home, and far from the nearest trustworthy mobile phone store, so I'm on my own for at least over the holidays.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Is your phone working normal ? or it's dead ?

Remember that you have to press and hold the volume down key while connecting your phone to PC

Use this to update/Repair your phone anyways

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nabeel
Master

Is your phone working normal ? or it's dead ?

Remember that you have to press and hold the volume down key while connecting your phone to PC

Use this to update/Repair your phone anyways

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Utvilsom
Visitor

When I hit the power button, it does not get past the logo screen. At all. It doesn't respond in any way when I try the power button to turn it off again, or being plugged in, or out, with or without pressing the volume down key. It simply freezes. Indefinitely. So no, it doesn't work like normal, and no, it isn't dead. It freezes.

Nabeel
Master

Okh, i got it

You need to perform a repair

Just follow the instructions above