Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot update my xperia s

SOLVED
ebon337
Visitor

Cannot update my xperia s

I cannot update my xperia s.

When I connect it to the computer it advises me that there is an update and goes through the update process, it will turn off the phone and then advise that I need to disconnect the phone from the computer, remove the cable from the computer, wait at least ten seconds and then reconnect the cable and the phone whilst holding the volume down key.

I have done this multiple times, the phone will turn on, show the sony logo and then the charging icon, after a few minutes a window will appear saying "Having problems updating? Try again at step one"

The phone states that there is an update and that I should update my phone.

I have tried multiple times to update my phone and i have tried resetting the phone back to factory defaults and then running through the update process.

I have tried downloading the sony update service and selecting Xperia S and updating the phone in that manner and still have enjoyed no success.

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ebon337
Visitor

Ok so found the problem.

Disconnected an external hard drive and swapped usb ports.

Had swapped usb ports before so I'm inclined to think that it was some sort of confusion with the external hard drive.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ebon337
Visitor

Ok so found the problem.

Disconnected an external hard drive and swapped usb ports.

Had swapped usb ports before so I'm inclined to think that it was some sort of confusion with the external hard drive.

Cheers!