Join now - be part of our community!

Does ANYONE in LA/Argentina has a working GPS?

SOLVED
Luzßelito
Visitor

Does ANYONE in LA/Argentina has a working GPS?

Mine does not work at all.

I have a stock xperia u with Claro Argentina. Everything works excellent, but the GPS does not connect to sats. I installed gps test and it detects several but has 0 in use. Been trying for 2 days now (the phone is new)

Running 2.3.7 B1.564 initially, upgraded to 2.3.7 B3.184, same problem. Everything works great but the gps, I am thinking and upgrade to ICS (a stock tft from other countries) and see what happens. Any ideas?

PS: The most recent version for Claro is 2.3.7 B1.564. The upgrade one is "Generic_World_2.3.7_B3.184

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dragpyre
Contributor

Maybe.

you could try flashing ICS, and if it doesn't sort it, flashing back or staying as you are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dragpyre
Contributor

My XPU gets a fine GPS lock.

Have you considered taking your phone to a Sony Repair Centre?

• Correct Answers - 30 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
Luzßelito
Visitor

Not really, its a brand new phone, could be I had bad luck and its factory flawed, but I am assuming that it is a software error since there are so many threads here & xda dev saying so.

dragpyre
Contributor

Maybe.

you could try flashing ICS, and if it doesn't sort it, flashing back or staying as you are.

Luzßelito
Visitor

Yeah I'm getting ready to go wth ICS, about the finish the DL. If it doesn't work i'll re-flash to original and take it back.

The thing is there at Argenitna@Claro provider the latest official version is 2.3.7 B1.564. Maybe the gps won't work until they get ICS approved and deploy through them. Not really sure how it works, read so much in the last 2 days im dizzy already =P

Luzßelito
Visitor

ICS did it. Upgraded to 4.0.4 from XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916419

Flashed, rebooted. Went to the balcony and opened maps. Had a 5 sec pin-point. Perfect lock

Cheers!