Join now - be part of our community!

Flash player on Xperia P ICS

SOLVED
Tachikoma1
Visitor

Flash player on Xperia P ICS

I have Sony Xperia P came with ICS.  What flash player apps do you recommend most?  I can't view flash contents using either the native browser or 3rd party (Firefox and Google Chrome) browsers.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miltos95
Contributor

First get the apk from here and install it on your Phone (scroll down to "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and pick the latest one).

After that you can try the default browser (internet), the Dolphin Browser which i find very good at playing flash content and the Opera if you prefer (Chrome doesn't support flash).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Miltos95
Contributor

First get the apk from here and install it on your Phone (scroll down to "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and pick the latest one).

After that you can try the default browser (internet), the Dolphin Browser which i find very good at playing flash content and the Opera if you prefer (Chrome doesn't support flash).

Tachikoma1
Visitor

Thank you for the answer, that really helped.  I'm just new to this Android phone.  As you mentioned, it works better in Opera than Firefox.  I'm just curious as to why Google Chrome doesn't support Flash.  Anyway, I thank you again. 

Miltos95
Contributor

Works even better with Dolphin :smileyhappy:.

Tachikoma1
Visitor

I'll try downloading Dolphin.  By the way I have another question; do you recommend installing task killers?  Do they really improve battery life?

Miltos95
Contributor

Tachikoma wrote:

I'll try downloading Dolphin.  By the way I have another question; do you recommend installing task killers?  Do they really improve battery life?

Nope. They do the exactly opposite thing.
If you have time to read, go through this thread :smileyhappy:.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=678205

If you're not into the "details" you can just read the "TL;DNR" version :smileywink:.