Join now - be part of our community!

How to copy contacts from google account to phone?

SOLVED
Shubhayu
Visitor

How to copy contacts from google account to phone?

Hi,

Well I had a Sammy phone earlier and in order to retain my phonebook while moving to Xperia i had saved them to my google account...and then I synced my google with phonebook in Xperia Miro. Fine. Done. All working well.

Well, now the issue is when I am trying to play with contact groups I find that the contacts are alreadt grouped by the source....ex: google account, phone memory, facebook account, twitter account etc. Let me give an example....its something like say I want to create a group family...while doing so I find that my dad is form google-account-contacts and my bro is from facebook-account and my cousin from the phone-phonebook (all because I had to import all these contacts from my ole non-sony mobile).

I want to have all contacts which I use (I use filters in phonebook setting, otherwise its a huge list as it syncs every google entry) in my phone's phonebook.

How to do that?

I didnt find any 'move to phone' or 'copy to phone' option.

Anyone can help me out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VaibhavAds
Visitor

Filter contacts which you want. Then backup those contacts. Now delete contacts and import the saved contacts. Now all those backuped contacts will be in Phone memory.

Don't forget to mark Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VaibhavAds
Visitor

Filter contacts which you want. Then backup those contacts. Now delete contacts and import the saved contacts. Now all those backuped contacts will be in Phone memory.

Don't forget to mark Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

Petter
Enthusiast

When creating a group of contacts the group can only contain contacts from the place you chosen to create the group. So it's not possible to do "crossover" groups in between different accounts, sorry.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Shubhayu
Visitor

it worked

thanks