Join now - be part of our community!

Is warranty for sony smartphone bought in Italy still applicable in Britain?

SOLVED
necrosy
Visitor

Is warranty for sony smartphone bought in Italy still applicable in Britain?

Hi,

I have bought a x8 phone in Italy (fnac store) about one year ago.

Does my warranty cover free repair of this phone in authorized service centers in GB?

Cheers, Alexei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

Phones bought in EU countries can be repaired within warranty in all EU countries.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Johan
Master

Phones bought in EU countries can be repaired within warranty in all EU countries.

necrosy
Visitor

When called (0)8705 237 237 first time girl from call center has answered something like "u should repair ur phone in country where it was bought". Then i have found extras from sony limited warranty

*EUROPEAN UNION (EU)

If you have purchased your Product in an EU country you can have your Product serviced, under the conditions set out above, within the warranty period in any EU  country where an identical Product is sold by an authorised Sony Ericsson distributor. To find out if your Product is sold in the EU country you are in, please call the local Sony Ericsson Call Center. Please observe that certain services may not be possible elsewhere than in the country of original purchase, for example due to the fact that your Product may have an interior or exterior which is different from equivalent models sold in other EU countries. 

** In some countries/regions additional information is requested. If so, this is clearly shown on the valid proof of purchase.

and called them again today.

The girl from support told me again that it better for me to send phone to service centre in Italy but I have noticed that according warranry and the fact that Great Britany is a part of EU they should repair this phone in UK.

After all she send me the following. Does it mean that they will repair phone here in UK?

"We can advise the 24 month manufacturers warranty which comes with your handset is region based. If your handset was not purchased in the UK then our engineers may not be able to repair your handset. However, you can send it to our repair centre and we will take a look at your handset and attempt a repair. If our engineers are unable to repair your handset as it requires parts which we do not have due to it not being a UK handset then we will return it back to yourself and you will then need to send it back to the country you purchased it in.

Should you choose to send your handset to our service location to be examined by our authorised service engineers then please see below the information required to do this.

The turnaround time for the repair process is currently on average 5-7 working days, from when the repair centre receives the handset. We offer apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

Cheers, Alexei

necrosy
Visitor

Also i just received an email from support )) with the same solution ))

It seem that today is working day in whole sony mobile support

Cheers, Alexei