Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Hey man thanks ! I got it reinstalled you're awesome ! lets see if it works to restore everything :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad it's working now

Not applicable

After reading this I am much more happy, there is a chance I can recover my contacts Slightly_smiling_Face

But I have one problem: I downloaded IO File Manager and also X10 Backup. But the next step, tranfer the backup app to SD-card, is not availlable in the menu (grey button). Any idea why I cannot move this app?

I did: Settings --> Applications --> Manage applications -->Backup and Restore. And then the Move to SD card is not availlable. There is enough space on the card.

Greetings

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Hold on. I was not reading well. Thought I had to download Backup and Restore on Android Market, but it's the file on megaupload. Continuing with even more hope ... thanks uliwooly for the instructions.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

yeah its from megaupload Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Hi there. I also updated the software this morning and did the backup and restore. Now that has disappeared. I followed your instructions and downloaded it from megaupload or something. I also downloaded Oi file manager and went into settings>applications>unknown sources

When i downloaded the backup and restore file from megaupload i created a folder like you said and called it APK. i accessed this using oi file manager and found the backup software. I click on it to install it. It works fine for the first couple of seconds but then says application not installed and i have to click done to get rid of it. Please help me as i want to restore my text messages and contacts!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Not applicable

Nice, thanks for that :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad it's working Slightly_smiling_Face