Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Uliwooly to the rescue

if you need the app you can use this link instead to download the apk

New Link

Backup & Restore

How to install it

You need to

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

download IO File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&feature=search_result

download the backup & restore app, transfer it to your SD card, use OI file manager to find it -> tap on it -> install it

View solution in original post

206 REPLIES 206
suze
Leader

I don't know what happened with your backup/restore so I am unable to offer any help on that but I would just suggest having a look at Google mail on your PC to see if any of your contacts were synced previously.  If they were then you can re-sync them with your phone.

Also your apps, if you log in to the Market on your PC you should be able to send all your apps to your phone again as long as you reset the phone with the same gmail account details.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Uliwooly to the rescue

if you need the app you can use this link instead to download the apk

New Link

Backup & Restore

How to install it

You need to

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

download IO File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&feature=search_result

download the backup & restore app, transfer it to your SD card, use OI file manager to find it -> tap on it -> install it

Not applicable

Uliwooly,

Thanks for that mate.

The backed up file is now accessible via OI File Manager, but it's given me a few options toi use to complete the action. 3 of which actually say ''contacts'' ''com.sonyericsson.android.socialphonebook''

Sorry to be a pain, but how do I conplete the process from here?

Cheers

Odub

Not applicable

Thanks Suze,

I've checked my google account, asnd it's only showing contacts i've got on my Sim Card and not all the others I had backed up on the SD Card.

Odub

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's quite odd I only get the Install option when I tap on the backup & restore app

Not applicable

Now managed to get the back up and restore app loaded, but it's now not allowing me to access to backed up file. Message is ''Error'' ''Cannot read selected back up file''

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it probably didn't saved everything when you ran the backup & restore app the first time, try to uninstall Bcackup & restore then reboot your phone -> and reinstall it

Not applicable

Thank You a lot !!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

anytime