Join now - be part of our community!

My Phone is not getting detected in PC Companion

SOLVED
b_sudheera_gmai
Visitor

My Phone is not getting detected in PC Companion

I have bought XPERIA U recently.

My Phone is not getting detected in PC Companion.It is showing "No phone detected".I tried restarting PC and removing usb and reinstalled.But it is showing in windows explorer as Scanners and Camera.I'm able to get Pictures from Phone.But the videos and music files are not getting detected.

I'm having Windows XP in my PC.Is that not compatible with XPERIA U?

Please someone help me out.I am very much disappointed:smileysad:.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sibeest
Visitor

conct ur phone 2 pc n strt t pc companion...........then go 2 settings->applications->development-> USB debugging......tick tat.....nw ur phone wil b detctd by ur pc.........but if u wanna cpy anytin 2 ur phn 4rm ur pc......u must juz cpy n pste......u cnt use send to option........
if tis ans s satisfyin tick crct ans.....

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
mangafox0123
Visitor

me 2 ive got xperia u

Xpme
Visitor

Try restarting the phone while it's connected to the pc. If that didn't help go to the Device Manager and update the phone drivers.

Sam
Legend
Legend

Do you have any third party camera software installed on your PC? I have found on occasion that this can conflict with this function.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

b_sudheera_gmai
Visitor

i tried restarting phone and pc..nothing is working it seems...It is not at all detecting.....It is showing as ST25i camera and scanners category in my computer.

.Please tell me what should be done..I dont know whether my mobile is going to be detected or not..

I tried all the means that i have googled...

Please someone help me..:smileycry:

b_sudheera_gmai
Visitor

Screenshot.GIF

The above shows the programs in control panel..check this and tell me which one is causing conflict.

mg1993
Visitor

this happened to me too. i went on control panel and uninstalled something called "sony erricson update engine" and then uninstalled sony pc companion. then i plugged my phone in my pc and the drivers reinstalled and so did pc compainion

sibeest
Visitor

conct ur phone 2 pc n strt t pc companion...........then go 2 settings->applications->development-> USB debugging......tick tat.....nw ur phone wil b detctd by ur pc.........but if u wanna cpy anytin 2 ur phn 4rm ur pc......u must juz cpy n pste......u cnt use send to option........
if tis ans s satisfyin tick crct ans.....

b_sudheera_gmai
Visitor

It worked..Thank you very much Sibeest...:smileyhappy:

chris_saada
Visitor

Hi.. I'm facing the same problem and tried the debugging and still can't access my phone Crying_Face