Join now - be part of our community!

Notification Sounds

SOLVED
Not applicable

Notification Sounds

Hi guys first time post so sorry if this has been answered already i shulda trolled the forums looking but wanted an answer before i went to bed.

i updated the phone since i was told to as my bluetooth wasnt working but for some reason when i go into the notification choice section it will not play any sounds when i select them, it will play the sound when i get a txt message but i dont want to have to keep texting myself tevery time to listen to all the sodding sounds. any one got any help?

not to mention that since the update they seem to have taken away a very handy widget i used to turn on off the bluetooth wifi etc and they have left the horrible 6 button 1 with the flight mode option on it that wont fit on my home screen without removing other stuff i use on a daily basis, why? and is there a way to get it back or will i have to reset the phone completly?...again.

thanks for any answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slimshaddy
Hero

go to settings > sound > volume

and check"use incoming call volume for notifications"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable

On the sounds, make sure your media volume is turned up.  I think that the sounds when in the sound picker are media sounds but when they are attached to an app like your texting then they become a notification which is governed by the ringer volume.  I like the app Quick Settings, free from the market as it allows you to tap on the Volume Control setting and it gives you volume sliders for all the different sound varieties.

On the widget, I have gone for the individual buttons rather than the odd shaped block one altho you can only get four accross the screen but I have bluetooth, wifi, data traffic and sound.  You can also have a look on the Android Market for power widgets to see if you can find one you like.

Not applicable

thx for the reply.

the media volume is up all the sliders are lol it just wont work.

as for the widget i like the brightness oprion with the 3 settings on it thats why i liked that widget coz i used all of them on there and the other brightness ones jsut turn it off and on.

Not applicable

i have now noticed aswell that if the media volume is down it wont sound when i get a message through so i now have to have that up aswell as my ringtone volume... wtf???? why is it like this? it was never like this on the previous phones.

slimshaddy
Hero

go to settings > sound > volume

and check"use incoming call volume for notifications"

Not applicable

ty for the help

slimshaddy
Hero

hmm Winking_Face

avinash_complit
Visitor

Using Astro File Manger there is Notification folder in that Delete all the Notification tone . If u see the Notification tone again then delete that . I hope these may help Xperia P users.