Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding RAM

SOLVED
kartik1994
Visitor

Regarding RAM

The RAM as told by the co.is 512mb but the phone shows only 412mb RAM...may I know whats the reason behind it???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
roguecroce
Visitor

kartik1994 wrote:

The RAM as told by the co.is 512mb but the phone shows only 412mb RAM...may I know whats the reason behind it???

My ram fluctuates in total, my guess would be that 512mb is the total, and what we see on our cell phones is the total minus what is used by the OS, at the moment my total is 410mb your looking at cached processes that fluctuate with the cell phones use, do you understand? B.T.W your link doesn't work fella, sorry.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
roguecroce
Visitor

kartik1994 wrote:

My ram fluctuates in total, my guess would be that 512mb is the total, and what we see on our cell phones is the total minus what is used by the OS, at the moment my total is 410mb your looking at cached processes that fluctuate with the cell phones use, do you understand? B.T.W your link doesn't work fella, sorry.

VaibhavAds
Visitor

Actually 512 MB RAM is available as hardware.

~100 MB RAM is dedicated to BIOS/Kernel.

~150-200 MB is used by Android System and Services like telephony, audio effects, network etc.

So only ~260 MB RAM is available to user.